Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition
Coordinating Agency: Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups
The Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition creates, enhances, and delivers identity theft victim assistance training and outreach to improve the ability of its members to provide direct victim assistance services. This unique collaboration aims to utilize the unique experiences and abilities of members to create a network of support for victims of identity theft.
The Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition is coordinated by the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups. CWAG is a nonprofit, nonpartisan statewide membership organization founded in 1978. CWAG’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people of all ages through: intergenerational understanding and leadership development, public education, legal and legislative advocacy and public policy development.
As the combination of underreporting and family member perpetrators creates a huge gap in victim services in Wisconsin, the coalition’s focus is on intrafamilial identity theft. Children, the elderly and domestic violence survivors are particularly vulnerable.
Watch the Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition’s Press Conference.
Coalition members include:
- AVAIL, Inc.
- Bank of New Glarus
- City of Greenfield Police
- Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups
- Community Bankers of Wisconsin
- Community Referral Agency, Inc.
- Coulee Bank
- Dane County Board of Supervisors
- Dane County Sheriff’s Office
- Dodge County Human Services & Health Department
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
- Empower Credit Union
- First National Bank – Berlin
- Federal Trade Commission, Midwest Region
- Guaranty Bank
- Hales Corner Police Department
- Horicon Bank
- Johnson Bank
- Kenosha County Adult Protective Services
- Legal Action of Wisconsin/SeniorLAW
- Madison Senior Center
- Park Bank
- RSVP of Dane County
- Summit Credit Union
- Triad of Dane County
- Union Bank & Trust Company
- University of Wisconsin Credit Union
- United States Postal Inspection Service
- Wisconsin Bankers Association
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- WI Dept. of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection – Office of Privacy Protection
- WI Dept. of Justice – Divison of Criminal Investigation
- Wisconsin Judicare
- Wisconsin Veterans Home – Kin
Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition In the News:
- Sun Prarie Star
Agencies Join Forces to Combat Identity Theft
- Wisconsin Radio Network
Fighting Identity Theft
- WTAQ Newstalk 1360 AM 97.5 FM
Biggest Threat of Identity Theft Comes From Within Family
- Waterloo Courier
State agencies form Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition
- The Madison Times
Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition Formed
- Current Member List
- Press Release
- State Statistics
- National Network Map
- Coalition Sponsorship Form
- Coalition Meeting Agenda Jan. 25, 2012
- Coalition PowerPoint Presentation
- Dane County Sheriff PowerPoint Presentation
- Ideas Board: Jan. 25, 2012 Coalition Meeting
For more information on the Wisconsin Identity Theft Coalition, contact Anne Gargano Ahmed at agahmed (at) cwag (dot) org or (608) 221-6126.
Find us on Facebook!